It's come to my attention that there's a fair amount of tension in the community about the possibility of losing winter skiing. The LLC is talking to lawyers and seeking an opinion, our Board is doing the same thing, and it wouldn't surprise me if some homeowners are doing it as well.
I'm not sure I understand the debate. I don't know if the current LLC is threatening to take away skiing, or if it wants to hold it over our heads as a negotiation tactic. It's obviously a valid concern for community members if the LLC becomes insolvent. But why is the LLC seeking legal opinions?
Well, I'm going to sniff around to see what I can learn. If the LLC attempts to use skiing access as a threat or negotiating ploy, I hope that our Board doesn't buy it. I for one will stand behind the Board every time it does the right thing, even if it means the loss of skiing for a short period of time while the ugly details are worked out. If the LLC punishes us because it doesn't like our independence (the independence I'm hoping we develop), then we'll have to reciprocate in the spring by playing golf elsewhere. No lawyers needed.

No comments:
Post a Comment