Monday, April 25, 2011

John Ward Bio


Bio Summary
  • KG weekender (house on 14, at bottom of Pelton Place)
  • Father of two boys (10 & 11)
  • Golfer and X-C Skier
  • Professional BG:  senior mgr in IT; currently stay at home dad; entrepreneur wannabe
  • LLC Investor, 1 share (split into multiples)
  • Willing to serve 2-year term

KG Experience

  • I have written extensively about KG on my blog.  It is a significant body of work that has required a great deal of family sacrifice.  My intentions have always been honorable.  Risking my standing in the community, I've ignored the social barriers that have prevented open and honest dialog at KG. 

Perspective


I strongly believe in informed, representative democracy.  In a representative democracy elected representatives are trusted to study issues and bring forth workable, even if not ideal, solutions.   My  "informed" qualifier supplements the authority for decision making with an emphasis on process where (a) detailed information about alternatives and consequences is provided to the community, and (b) all concerned owners are able to offer informed feedback, before key decisions and made.  Accountability falls on the shoulders of representatives, but there is an expectation that solutions are reasonably consistent with community wishes.

The sustainability of the golf course is clearly the biggest issue facing KG, and this issue needs to be openly debated and transparent.  I don't have a strong position on this issue, though I believe there are logical conditions associated with some alternatives.  I believe the Board's job is to thoroughly analyze the options, and to present unbiased choices to the community for discussion and debate.  At present, I don't believe the majority of us truly understand the details or the consequences associated with the various alternatives.

For a refresher on how I'd like to influence Kahler Glen operations, please see my articles:

I Could Use Some Harmony, How About You?

Communication: One Small Step for Kahlerkind 

I'll be happy to answer all questions that are posted with real names.

No comments:

Post a Comment